Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Spring Sugar Scrub

Sugar Scrubs

Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub


Most of you who have known me for awhile know that my passion for sugar scrubs is not new. Long before I started blogging or posting my creations on Facebook I've dabbled in making my own natural products. Perhaps I can spend some time gathering things I've done over the years and formidably blog them here. That would be a project in it's self...

Last week I received a little note in the mail from my daughter, Chelsea, sharing a recipe for a sugar scrub. Chelsea is very passionate about essentials oils and from time to time shares from her developing business things I might like. She is a avid lover of https://www.youngliving.com/en_US/products/essential-oils?gclid=Cj0KEQiAsP-2BRCFl4Lb2NTJttEBEiQAmj2tbTyHvplocV88J-SQgVT89kJ4rH88OdPmM0frj3Qiko8aApfT8P8HAQ 

I thought I would whip up a batch to share and surprise a yoga student with a special treat as well thank a woman, Nancy, who has generously shared her studio space with me so that I can grow my yoga classes and she can grow her studio. 

Here is the fun I had this afternoon!

 









The recipe for Lemon Mint Sugar Scrub is:  (I do NOT own copy right to this recipe, it has been shared with me, and I share with you-for your personal use only)

*1 1/4 cup sugar 
* 1/2 cup coconut oil
* 1 TBSP lemon juice
* Lemon zest from half of a lemon
* 5 drops each of essential oil of lemon and peppermint.

Mix ingredients together and jar as desired. (fills 3 4oz jars)

~Benefits from this recipe include moisturizing effects from coconut oil and exfoliating experience from the sugar& lemon.  

Special thanks to my daughter, Chelsea, for her sharing. 

I am very excited to share these treats with two special people!

Feel free to share your creations and how you treat it to others.








No comments:

Post a Comment